JXD 990 mp4 recordr /player

Various capture device's for your computer.

JXD 990 mp4 recordr /player

Unread postby UFO Hunter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Peeps,

Just a quick note, in case anyone is interested... I got a JXD 990 mp4 recorder which I use for recording from my Digital Bresser, it works very well and im very happy with it.

I prefer normally to do daytime hunting and always found a problem with seeing anything on the camcorder viewfinder, i usually left the camcorder recording and looked back at the footage later on a larger computer screen. Then I had a brainwave today to attach the JXD to the camcorder, I think probably all or at least most have a video out option on them. And I was able to plug the cam into the JXD just using a female to female phono adapter. The result is a much better view of what the cam is looking at and hopefully therefore more chance of not missing that all important capture of the UFO whizzing by at high altitude.

I will let you know if it is better when i get to try it out for real at a later date, I attach a couple of photo's so you can see the size difference between the two. I'm sure a lot of you have already thought about this, so this is just in case you haven't like myself until now.

The benefit from using it on the bresser is not just to record what im looking at, but also to be able to use the screen as a viewfinder, which stops you getting that blind eye when using the eyepiece on the Bresser, very good indeed!

jxd cam 004 copy.jpg
you can see the female to female adapter here connecting the two cables.

jxd cam 005 copy.jpg
Here i am holding the JXD directly below the viewing screen on the camcorder, you can tell as they are both in focus, you can see the difference in size is significant.
UFO Hunter
Super Poster
Super Poster

Return to Capture devices

You must be a Registered User to Chat in the Shoutbox
Sometimes a person has to walk away and not look back...
navajojimmy
Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:29 pm
Hello navajojimmy, can you tell us please, which is real reason to move whole forum to archive? It is legal reasons due to l_a_s_e_r topics, or ufo topics, or something else (server hacked etc)? Thank you.
tempik
Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:03 pm
but I saw a massive orb, not visible to the naked eye, come in around another orb, do a 90 degree arc and then speed off at blinding speed, it was across the entire sky in 4 seconds.
cbitpro
Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:02 pm
just wanted to check in as I haven't been on in a while and just saw the most amazing sighting I have ever made since beginning skywatching, i don't have video sadly as I was only outside for about 20 minutes and just wanted to do a quick scan
cbitpro
Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:01 pm
navajojimmy
Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:20 pm
OK those should work
navajojimmy
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:26 pm