JXD 990 mp4 recordr /player

Various capture device's for your computer.

Moderator: Moderator

JXD 990 mp4 recordr /player

Unread postby UFO Hunter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Peeps,

Just a quick note, in case anyone is interested... I got a JXD 990 mp4 recorder which I use for recording from my Digital Bresser, it works very well and im very happy with it.

I prefer normally to do daytime hunting and always found a problem with seeing anything on the camcorder viewfinder, i usually left the camcorder recording and looked back at the footage later on a larger computer screen. Then I had a brainwave today to attach the JXD to the camcorder, I think probably all or at least most have a video out option on them. And I was able to plug the cam into the JXD just using a female to female phono adapter. The result is a much better view of what the cam is looking at and hopefully therefore more chance of not missing that all important capture of the UFO whizzing by at high altitude.

I will let you know if it is better when i get to try it out for real at a later date, I attach a couple of photo's so you can see the size difference between the two. I'm sure a lot of you have already thought about this, so this is just in case you haven't like myself until now.

The benefit from using it on the bresser is not just to record what im looking at, but also to be able to use the screen as a viewfinder, which stops you getting that blind eye when using the eyepiece on the Bresser, very good indeed!

jxd cam 004 copy.jpg
you can see the female to female adapter here connecting the two cables.

jxd cam 005 copy.jpg
Here i am holding the JXD directly below the viewing screen on the camcorder, you can tell as they are both in focus, you can see the difference in size is significant.
UFO Hunter
Super Poster
Super Poster

Return to Capture devices

You must be a Registered User to Chat in the Shoutbox
SORRY I have not been around lately. My wife has a very serious illness and has been in the hospital since Oct. 28th.
navajojimmy
Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:05 pm
navajojimmy
Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:20 pm
sure, just put you as regular member for posting attachments...
navajojimmy
Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 pm
I am new here...this is my first time to know about this site. My husband was sent some photos about 3 days ago. I was wondering if i can share them with you?
kimcam
Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 pm
Please help with my cable issue in capture devices section cheers
omni13
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 am
ok will do..I ordered a few step rings and hopefully I can use them because the adapter I ordered from ATN does not work on my camcorder...ill get it figured out...if I have any more questions ill use the corasponding forum
XxNOVAxX
Tue May 06, 2014 8:23 am
XxNOVAxX please post in the forum sections your questions...i have a night spirit 2 gen also and it is easy to mount with adapters
navajojimmy
Mon May 05, 2014 5:04 pm
I look forward to gettingto know everyone....ive been interested in Amature Astronomy for many years and plan on using my 10inch Telescope for filming some of my upcoming videos but thereis still alot for me to learn so any tips or info regarding the filming of what we all know is ture....(UFOs) I really will appreciate it.....Thanks
XxNOVAxX
Mon May 05, 2014 2:57 pm
I have a sony DCR-SR82 Handycam and a night spirit 2 and I cannot find a way to get the scope to attach to the 30mm threads...can anyone help me with suggestions to get this set up to work
XxNOVAxX
Mon May 05, 2014 12:10 pm
DarkSatellite
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:33 pm
cheers :)
omni13
Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:44 pm
OK those should work
navajojimmy
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:26 pm
broken link jim?
omni13